Monday, February 15, 2016

Shopping Issues

It's a cold snowy day today in the Northeast and MidAtlantic regions of the US.  I thought it was a good idea to look for Carribean Cruises.  I searched for Carribean Cruises and immediately saw an Ad promoting "Royal Carribean 70% Off".  Perfect.  I click on the link and it takes me to CruiseLines.com.  It has a very easy and navigatable search where I can select on several different attributes of a cruise.  However, the search results require me to put in my contact information.  I understand why the website requires the information as it is the best way to collect information on potential customers and build a prospective customer database.  However, I am not at the point of really considering a cruise.  I am still in the "wouldn't it be nice" and dreaming phase.  I was reluctant to put in my information so I exited out.  From an e-marketing perspective is the best way to collect information?  Do you think this discourages more prospective customers from perusing or is it effective for the company to build a targeted database of prospectives customers?   I don't like to provide the information when I am "window shopping".  From an emarketing perspective, I think the company would be better to allow searches but to collect cookies to send targeted ads over the next several days and weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment